The imaging train of the EdgeHD 11/14" system.
Celestron’s new EdgeHD reducers feature a custom 5 element optical design engineered to maintain the flat-field performance of our award winning EdgeHD optical system. Unlike generic reducers, our premium reducers provide substantial back focus to accommodate an assortment of imaging accessories.
EdgeHD reducers offer high index optical elements, including extra low dispersion, exotic Lanthanum elements, which provide high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration. All air to glass lens surfaces feature multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and color correction and contain blacken edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize image contrast. Large diameter lens elements, up to 60 mm clear aperture, ensure that the optimized image circle remains at a generous 42 mm for use with large CCD sensors.
Incorporating computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing, for precise spacing and alignment of optical elements, and threaded metal covers on the lens assembly to protect your investment from dust and scratches, our reducers offer you an outstanding mechanical design.
With the fastar option on all EdgeHD optical systems, coupled with the .7x reducer, your telescope becomes the most complete imaging system available in its price range today.
- Design: 5-element optical layout designed specifically for the EdgeHD14" to maintain the flat-field performance of the Edge HD optical design
- Maintains the same back focus as when used at F/10: Unlike generic reducers the EdgeHD .7x provides generous back focus to accommodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras. Also allows use of existing EdgeHD T-adapters and other Celestron imaging accessories
- One full F-Stop faster than f/11: Reduces the exposure time by one-half to capture the same brightness of object
- Increase field of view by 43%: Better for capturing wide field images of larger galaxies and nebulae
- Lanthanum Glass Elements: EdgeHD reducer uses "rare earth" Lanthanum glass elements for clear, high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration
- Fully multi-coated lens elements: All air-to-glass surfaces have multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and color correction
- Blacken edges: All lens elements have blacken edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize contrast
Full Frame Design
- Threads directly onto the 3.25" threads of the EdgeHD optical tube: Reduces mechanical vignetting and allows for use with larger (full frame) sensors and Off-Axis Guiders
- Clear aperture: 60mm clear aperture lens optimized for a 42 mm image circle for use with large CCD sensors.
- Machined aluminum housing: Computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing for precise spacing and alignment of the optical elements.
- Threaded metal covers for both ends of the lens assembly: To protect your investment from unwanted dust and scratches.
- Allows EdgeHD optics to be used at f/10, f/7 & f/2: More complete imaging system than anything in its price range.
- The EdgeHD .7x Reducer Makes Your EdgeHD 1400 One Full F-Stop Faster Than f/11, Reducing Your Exposure Time by One-Half to Capture the Same Brightness of Object
- 5-element lens design
- Maintains similar flat-field performance as native Edge HD optical design
- Increases Field of View by 43% to Better Capture Wide Field Images
- Threads Directly onto the 3.25" threads of the EdgeHD which Reduces Mechanical Vignetting and Allows for use with Larger (Full Frame) Sensors and Off-Axis Guiders
- Maintains the Identical Back Focus When Used at F/10 and Provides Generous Back Focus to Accommodate Additional Accessories and Wide Variety of Cameras
- Allows Use of Existing EdgeHD T-adapters With or Without the Reducer Lens
2-year Accessories Warranty
Celestron Accessories Two Year Limited Warranty
A. Celestron warrants its accessories to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years. Celestron will repair or replace such product or part thereof which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship. As a condition to the obligation of Celestron to repair or replace such product, the product must be returned to Celestron together with proof-of-purchase satisfactory to Celestron.
B. The proper Return Authorization Number must be obtained from Celestron in advance of return. Call Celestron at (310) 328-9560 to receive the number to be displayed on the outside of your shipping container.
All returns must be accompanied by a written statement setting forth the name, address and daytime telephone number of the owner, together with a brief description of any claimed defects. Parts or product for which replacement is made shall become the property of Celestron.
The customer shall be responsible for all costs of transportation and insurance, both to and from the factory of Celestron, and shall be required to prepay such costs.
Celestron shall use reasonable effort to repair or replace any accessory covered by this warranty within thirty days of receipt. In the event repair or replacement shall require more than thirty days, Celestron shall notify the customer accordingly. Celestron reserves the right to replace any product which has been discontinued from its product line with a new product of comparable value and function.
This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty.
Celestron disclaims any warranties, express or implied whether of merchantability or fitness for a particular use, except as expressly set forth herein.
The sole obligation of Celestron under this limited warranty shall be to repair or replace the covered product, in accordance with the terms set forth herein. Celestron expressly disclaims any lost profits, general, special, indirect or consequential damages which may result from breach of any warranty, or arising out of the use or inability to use any Celestron product. Any warranties which are implied and which cannot be disclaimed shall be limited in duration to a term of two years from the date of original retail purchase.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Celestron reserves the right to modify or discontinue, without prior notice to you, any model or style of accessory. If warranty problems arise, or if you need assistance in using your accessory contact:
Customer Service Department
2835 Columbia Street, Torrance, CA 90503 U.S.A.
(310) 328-9560, Fax (310) 212-5835
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. PST
NOTE: This warranty is valid to U.S.A. and Canadian customers who have purchased this product from an authorized Celestron dealer in the U.S.A. or Canada. Warranty outside the U.S.A. and Canada is valid only to customers who purchased from a Celestron Distributor or Authorized Celestron Dealer in the specific country. Please contact them for any warranty service.