Celestron Advanced VX MountNOW IN STOCK!
Engineered from the ground up with astroimaging in mind, the new Advanced VX series from Celestron sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes. Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on Celestron’s most sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, with all the performance of their larger observatory mount. Or, if you’re new to imaging, this mount will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- Improved electronics with increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
||Adjustable, Stainless Steel
||46 lbs (21 kg)
||Car battery adapter
|EQ Mount Weight
||17 lbs (7.71 kg)
|Tripod Height (Max)
||64" in (1626 mm)
|Tripod Height (Min)
||44" in (1118 mm)
||18 lbs (8.16 kg)
||12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
||1 x 11 lbs
||30 lbs (14 kg)
||Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
||Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
||EQ North and EQ South
||2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
||2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
|Computer Hand Control
||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
||12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Premier Select dealers offer an extensive selection of Celestron products in stock for immediate delivery while providing a high level of product knowledge and customer service.