New Optical Design The EdgeHD optical system combines all the compact power popularized by the SCT and combines it with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images.
As a visual instrument EdgeHD optics delivers pin point images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other equally interesting NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astroimaging, the EdgeHD optics produces aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial ccd detectors, allowing all stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip.
Some companies boast that their telescopes give diffraction limited stars in the very center of the field of view . EdgeHD optics not only produce diffration limited stars on axis, but maintains diffration limited stars across the entire field of view of many of the most popular astrophotography cameras. Even at the very edge of a full frame camera chip, the EdgeHD 9.25 delivers diffraction limited stars s of only 1 arc seconds
- 9.25 EdgeHD Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2350mm focal length (f/10)
- 23mm Axiom 2" eyepiece included (102x)
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- 2" diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging.
- Tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- Fastar Compatible optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 ccd imaging
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CGE mount